Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

6/22/2010

Wedding Card ...




Finally, I have broken out of my brown and blue color scheme "rut" to design a wedding card for a young friend who is getting married this weekend. I started out with the Cuttlebug wedding couple embossing folder as the basis for my design. From there I decided to go with the colors for the wedding which are black and fuschia. I used SU! Rose Red as it was the best match to the invitation. I used the "tiny hearts" CB embossing folder on the Rose Red mat. It is my next favorite embossing folder to the dotted swiss folder. You probably can't see it in my photo, but there is a clear gem on one of the "flourishes" on the invitation. I chose to add flourishes and gems to my card, too. I think that die is from AccuCut (which I have had for a long time and have used so often). The fushcia gems are from A Muse as is the ribbon. The scallop punches are Marvy Uchida. I used SU! dimensionals under both the embossed image and it's mat to make certain it remained the focal point. The metallic white paper is from The Paper Company. The "Best Wishes" stamp is SU! stamped with Black Stazon and punched with the SU! Word Window punch. Thank you for looking! Feel free to leave a comment if you have time!

1 comment:

  1. So, so beautiful, Suzie - just gorgeous!! I love the embossing and die cuts, and the colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete