Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

6/20/2010

Happy Father's Day



Happy Father's Day! My card for today is for my DH Michael. One of his favorite colors is blue. I chose Blue Bayou and wanted to keep the card monochromatic. I am slowly building up my SU! DSP supply and luckily had Blue Bayou DSP! Things were falling together as I began to work out the design. The "ties" stamp is from A Muse which I had in my stamp collection. DH loves ties and has quite a collection himself. He loves "subtle" Disney ties and has actually worn them to presentations at the FDA! Also appropriate for DH was the "argyle" pattern in the DSP. He has a small collection of argyle socks which he loves, too. The "Happy Father's Day" sentiment did NOT have a company name on it. I used the designer paper on all four sides of the card. It really gave the card substance. Originally, I was just going to use the ticket punch on the Whisper White cardstock, but decided to add the "tiny" pewter brads and the pewter gel pen stitching. I cut a slit in the left side of the card front for the Whisper White ribbon to be threaded through. I didn't want the lumpiness of the ribbon under the DSP and I do not like to put cut ribbon ends on the front of a card. It just doesn't look finished to me. Thank you for stopping by. If you have time, feel free to leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I bet Mike loved his special Father's Day card! Great tie stamp for a tie lover. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete