Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

6/28/2010

Two Card Monday






There are times when a card just does NOT turn out the way I had envisioned it would. This is DEFINITELY one of those times! I started with the SU! set entitled Vintage Vogue. I chose to use only the "Friends" stamp from that set. The ink I stamped the image with was SU! Basic Gray. It turned out to be darker than I had hoped. Maybe when my new stamp pad of Soft Suede arrives, I will try it with that! The card base is a lighter gray followed by a layer of Whisper White and then the Cuttlebug embossed layer of Rose Red. I added a strip of white Bazzill also embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and edged with the SU! Scallop Border Punch. The ribbon is from my SU! ribbon stash. The ovals (both plain and scalloped) from from Marvy Uchida. I punched two of the gray ones as I didn't have the larger size than the one I punched the Rose Red oval from. The brads were an afterthought. At that point, I was desperate to add "a little something more". I realized too late that I should have placed the "Friends" oval further from the left. However, the SU! dimensionals had adhered so well to the cardstock that the oval wasn't going anywhere!
My second card of the day is one of the last sympathy cards I made for the card ministry project. I started with an SU! Kraft card base, a layer of SU! confetti card stock, and a layer of SU! Chocolate Chip cardstock embossed with another CB embossing folder. The stamped image is layered in the same fashion. The flower is part of the SU! set entitled "Of the Earth" and the sentiment is from SU! Thoughts and Prayers. I used SU! Chocolate Chip ink, did a bit of paper-piercing, and finished up the card with an SU! button and SU! linen thread.
That's it for today. I am off to come up with a better design for that "Friends" card! Hmm . . . maybe it is time to just CASE a few designs. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. And thanks to all who have been commenting. It's so fun to read your messages! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment