Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

1/31/2010

Another Sympathy Card Using Nesties



This is the second sympathy card I made this weekend. Having forgotten to bring along my Stazon ink, I made the mistake of stamping the images with Memento ink and having the SU! markers and the ink bleed into one another. Ugh! Thanks to a 40% off coupon at M's, we found the Michael's in Ft. Myers, I picked up the Stazon and started over. I used Barely Banana and Bashful Blue from SU!(cardstock and marker colors), White Bazzill, and Whisper White from SU! The embossing folder is from Sizzix and the Nestabilities die is their Labels Three. The tulip stamp is from the SU! set called "Three Little Words . . ." and the tiny flower is from the set "Flight of the Butterfly". I layered the yellow tulip to make it stand out. (And to cover the mistake of picking up the wrong yellow marker!) At some point, you just cut your losses and you move on to the next card! And that is what I am going to do! Hope you've had a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Suzie! I love the popped up yellow flower. Way to "embellish" your card:)

    ReplyDelete