Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

12/06/2009

A Fun New JustRite Stamp



Having seen so many great cards made with the JustRite Stamper sets, I had to try them. Here is a thank you card I made using the "thank you" circle. It probably is NOT my best card design-wise, but I wanted to combine the new stamp with my favorite puppy stamp. And I am working on using ways to put more depth into my coloring. This time I used chalk to make the puppy seem soft and furry as well as shading around the puppy. The cardstock and patterned paper is from one of the DCWV tablets entitled DOG. The puppy stamp is by Stampland and the thank you is, of course, by JustRite (the set is called "10 Designer Centers and Borders"). The card base is SU! Kraft paper. The ink is SU! Close to Cocoa ... I LOVE that color and the name, too.

It is 17 degrees here today, but sunny. I hope wherever you are, you are having a sunny Sunday, too! I think it is a good day for me to decorate the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment