Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

4/29/2009

MOJO84 Monday





First of all, I should explain the title to this post, because I am sure some of you might be wondering what it means! MOJO is the name of a sketch challenge I've seen posted on the site SplitcoastStampers (lovingly referred to as "SCS"). I have always avoided things like this in the past. It takes me a long time to come up with my own designs so why would I get involved in something like that? According to Wiktionary, MOJO means: 1. A magic charm or spell; 2. Supernatural power or luck. And many times, I need magic, supernatural power, or luck to come up with a card design I am happy with. LOL! So I signed up to receive the Monday MOJO sketch. It comes right to your email and there is no real deadline for sharing your MOJO card which helps me a lot.

This is my interpretation of the MOJO84 sketch for this week. I know that I just posted another card using the SU! Garden Whimsy butterfly, but I just love it and it is Spring here (or it is supposed to be!). I can't say that it took me any less time to make this card, but I do have high hopes that if I keep taking the MOJO challenge, it will help. My cardstock choices were Bazzill for the card base and Colorbok for the pink cardstock mat. I ran the pink through my Cuttlebug using the Dotted Swiss embossing folder. The patterned papers are from DCWV 4x6 paper pad titled "Sweets". The ribbon is SU!, the flower is Prima, and the gems are Creative Candy from A Muse and Crystal Stickers by Mark Richards. The buttons are from my stash. (I love buttons!) The "thank you" sentiment is from the SU! Seeing Spots set. I had stamped the butterfly on SU! WW, but it looked so bare even though I tried sponging the edges and stamping off some tiny flowers. That is when I decided to stamp the butterfly on the patterned paper. It was always my intention to stamp a second one and mount it on top of the first one. The scallop and the circle were both made with SU! punches. I used the SU! ticket punch, too! (I love punches, too!) All three elements are mounted with 3M foam tape. Thank you for dropping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Suzie! I love the colors and the way you did the sketch.

    ReplyDelete