Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

4/23/2009

Congratulations!



I love this giraffe stamp from Inkadinkado! My coloring skills need improving, but I have watched a couple of videos on-line and am taking a Copic marker coloring class next week ... so there is hope! The card is going to a delightful family we have met at our church/school. They have 4 adorable daughters. We just found out that they are expecting baby #5. I think that news deserves a handmade card!
I started with SU! Chocolate Chip cardstock for the card base. Next came a mat of yellow/white gingham pattern paper followed by SU! Chocolate Chip cardstock embossed in the Cuttlebug using the argyle embossing folder. I lightened it up a bit with my Inkssentials white opaque pen. (Love this pen!) The stamped image and its gingham mat were cut using the Creative Memories Cutting System (I bought the circles and ovals on Ebay a couple of years ago and didn't use them much, sound familiar?). It worked great for this image, though, since it is fairly large. I did a little "doodling" around the image oval to add some interest. The stamped image in the circle is one of the SU! Circle of Friendship set. It says "Congratulations on your news" on the outside of the circle with "Hip Hip Hurray" on the inside. I chose to punch a little circle from the extra gingham paper for the center and covered that with the little brown flower and yellow brad. Both the oval and the circle are adhered with foam tape. I added the yellow/brown flower combo after trying various colors of ribbon (which just didn't work!). Thanks so much for looking!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card, Suzie! They will surely appreciate it. Great coloring. I love the doodles and the white dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzie! I didn't realize you had a blog. Where have I been??? It looks great. Love your card. The giraffe is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this is too cute! Love that giraffe image! I think your coloring is beautifully done!! Love the doodling, too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete