Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

3/07/2010

Baby's 1st Birthday

Our youngest grandson turns "1" on Saturday -- how time flies! I just finished his birthday card. The red color doesn't show up as well as the other colors. It is a white core paper. The other papers are SU!. I used the Scor-Pal to make the diamond pattern. (You may not be able to see it, though.) I decided to add more to it by dotting the intersections of the lines with a white gel pen. Three of the corners have the paper-pierced design and the fourth has the matted circles with the "birthday boy" crown embellishment. Both the highchair and the crown are part of a Jolee's birthday set. The inside of the card has another one of the set's embellishments -- a onesie with "happy birthday baby" on it. I made the same corner designs with the paper-pierced pattern using the SU! Real Red marker. There was one more embellishment in the set which was a bib. I used it on the back of the card where I also wrote "Gramee 2010". The little bib says "I'm 1". Thanks for looking!



2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Suzie! And I don't think it's "cheating" at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cards. They are absolutely darling and not cheating at all.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete