Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

2/19/2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

We've been very busy lately for being "retired people". Tomorrow we are taking our Power Squadron Boating Course exam. We've put in about 10 hours of class time so far. We've learned a lot, that is for sure. Boating on the bays here is not the same as boating on the lakes of Minnesota. You may ask "Do we have a boat?" No, we do not have a boat yet. Frankly, the whole thing is a bit intimidating. Mike thinks we should ride with other people on their boats and rent a boat for a few hours at a time before making any decisions. I agree!
Things are moving along quite well with the remodel. They are drywall-ing this week. What a difference that makes -- no more trying to visualize things. With the few new walls up and covered with the drywall, we can really "see" the plan. Monday we picked out lighting fixtures at Lee Lighting in Ft. Myers. They were just so helpful.
I hope to have some pictures posted by the end of the weekend. Needless to say, I haven't had time to create any cards. I did attend a Stampin' Up event at my friend Deb's home last night. At least I was making cards!!
Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping in for a peek!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your exam tomorrow!

    I'm glad things are moving along with your house and it's easier to see how things are going to look. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete