Suzie Card-Maker

Suzie Card-Maker

Welcome!

I LOVE to create greeting cards. This is a place
for me to share some of my favorite cards with family,
fellow card-makers,and friends.
Update: Since I began this card-making blog in 2009, we have moved to a warm, sunny place, retired, and gotten very busy. Even though my love of making cards has not lessened, my time "for" card-making has diminished. I had actually considered taking down my blog because of my lack of time to make and post cards. Instead I will try to post more regularly with a variety of things. Please bear with me while I attempt to expand my topics.

10/02/2010

Thinking of You Versions




Yesterday as I strolled through Michael's, I came across some Recollections patterned paper I really liked. It was 4 for $1, so I bought it. It had really jumped out at me for some reason. When it came time for me to do something with it last night, I had a tough time figuring out to use it. My first attempt was the lower card. I used Nestabilities circles for the stamped image and its mats. The ink I used is Versacolor 17 Violet. I don't know the name of the SU! stamp I used as I bought it used and it wasn't in its original box. Sorry! I also used SU! Very Vanilla cardstock, the SU! Modern Label punch, and SU! Word Window punch. The "Thinking of You" stamp is from the SU! Three Little Words set. The gems are by Kaiser. I wasn't particularly pleased with the card, so I decided to try, again, to get a better design.
Version 2 is the top photo and worked out better, don't you think? I dug around in my stash for some dark brown ribbon and used SU! Chocolate Chip cardstock to mat the stamped image circle. On my first attempt at this design, I stamped the "Thinking of You" (by Stampendous) too high. I covered that side totally with the print and flipped the card over to stamp the sentiment, again, more carefully. By now, a little frustration was beginning to set in, but I was determined not to toss this card out! I also put the coordinating purple paper on both parts of the inside. (It also covered the ribbon.) I loved that the purple gems from my stash matched the patterned paper perfectly. I also stamped the smaller version of the flower image on the inside along with the sentiment "You are never more than a thought away" (SU! Whimsical Words). Thank you for looking AND reading my ramblings this morning! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment